New PDF features in Mac OS X Leopard
- Improved PDF Annotations: Take advantage of new PDF annotations in Preview. Add Stickies-style notes and links to websites or other pages within the PDF. Mark important areas in ovals or rectangles and highlight text. All annotations are saved with the PDF so you can share them with others.
- Relevancy Ranked PDF Search: Harness the power of Spotlight. Preview now uses Spotlight to perform relevancy ranked searches on PDF documents, making it easier to find what you’re looking for.
- PDF Manipulation in Preview: Re-create your PDF as you like. Move individual pages around, or remove pages altogether. You can even combine PDFs with a simple drag and drop.
- Preview Controls for PDFs: Gain new control over PDFs you see on the web. With Preview controls built into Safari, you can zoom in and out, navigate PDF pages with the sidebar, even open the PDF in a separate Preview window.
- New Automator Actions: Create more useful Automator workflows with actions for RSS feeds, iSight camera video snapshots, PDF manipulation, and much more.
This along with built-in PDF creation and viewing makes the PDF functionality in Mac’s fairly formidable.