Home » Acrobat 9, Adobe Acrobat, Featured

Adobe Acrobat 9 + Windows 7: We Have Lift-Off!

26 Jan 2009 | | 83 Comments

UPDATE 27 November 2009: Looking to get answers to any more Windows 7, PDF and Adobe Acrobat issues? We’ve just launched a new question and answer site for all of your PDF questions.

A few days ago I tested Adobe Reader 9 on Windows 7 and didn’t discover any major issues. Adobe Reader worked correctly despite the fact that Windows 7 is not yet a supported platform. Today I thought I’d try the same with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro.

The good news is that I was able to install Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows 7 without experiencing any issues. Rudimentary testing of some of the basic functionality hasn’t revealed any obvious issues. I can view PDFs, print PDF, extract pages, add bookmarks, reduce file size, etc. I’m sure that there are bugs hidden away somewhere, but on the surface it looks like you could get away with running Acrobat 9 on the Windows 7 beta.

Acrobat 9 on Windows 7

Has anyone else tried testing this? Any questions to ask or different experiences to report?

UPDATE: Karl has tried rechecking browser viewing using the latest Adobe Reader 9.1 and the new Windows 7 Ultimate (version 6, build 7100)  – still no luck. We’ll try Adobe Acrobat shortly, but I’ll certainly be surprised if there’s any change…

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (3 votes, average: 2.33 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

83 Comments »

• altazor08 said:

i’ve also installed it with no problems, but every time i try to do anything it jsut closes…

• Kavi said:

i’ve installed adobe on windows 7 too. It works fine on its own but I cannot open pdf within internet explorer. I have to save file to hard disk everytime.

• Bill said:

Installed fine… but had to save to hard drive to print pdf file. When you clicked on the link to spawn the pdf file sometime it would spawn then others it would not…. When it did spawn you could not print from it…Had to be from hard drive.

Just installed Firefox and it will print the pdf fine.

IE will still not do it.

• Kelley said:

Installed pro version but experiencing graphics crashes when using the comment tools. It’s the only time I get issues with windows 7. dell m2400 t9400

• Epistole Antifon said:

I’ve installed Acrobat 9 on Windows 7 Build 7000, and can’t print from it, whether the file is saved to my hard drive or not: Acrobat freezes, gives me a “Not Responding” title bar, and eventually has to be forcibly killed.

Haven’t found any solution yet for the problem: for now, I’m redownloading PDFs onto my Ubuntu machine and printing from there.

• HC said:

I confirm, printing is not possible in Windows 7 + Adobe Reader 9.

• SJI said:

Acrobat 9extended does not load printers to the control panel thusly does not allow pdf conversion of anything in any program in Windows 7. Loads just fine and thinks its happy. Repair does nothing to solve the problem. A call to Adobe support ended with we DO NOT support that platform yet. Check the internet for fixes.

• drew said:

I confirm that PDF does not work in any browser firefox, chrome and IE. I’m testing with windows 7 build 7000 64bit and adobe reader 8.1.1 and 9.1.0 both fail to load documents inside a browers. Any soultions??

Editor’s Note: Try asking your questions at our PDF Question/Answer site 4x PDF Help

• Nils Humano said:

I have devided my harddesk and installed Windows Vista Home and my Adobe software with all the other programs on the fist part C: Then I have installed windows 7 on the seperate part G: with only the secure software, which i now have learned installing 4 times that Adobe reader shuts down my internetconnection. But here comes the feature I went to the Windows vista from inside Windows 7 and left clicked on my mouse to place the Adobe Reader 9.1 icon in the start menu . Now I can open Adobe Reader and open and read PDF documents.

• Nils Humano said:

untill Adobe pull themself together and adjust there sofware to the Windows 7 system. I know its a bit tricky but for the moment!!!!

• Roche said:

It sounds like the problem with viewing PDFs in browsers may be a 64-bit issue; I have no problem with Win7/AR9.1/IE8 32bit. Screenshot

• L Forrest said:

Internet Explorer 8.0.7100 runing under Win 7 “Ultimate” (v6.1 build 7100) won’t open a pdf with it’s preinstalled Adobe V9, as of May 22, 2009. If uninstll Adobe v9 and install Adobe Reader v8.1, you can open pdf’s from Win 7 clumsily. You will see a message that says pdf’s can’t be opened from IE, but you can click ‘cancel’ on that message and the pdf will open anyway. (You get what may be the same message, if using Adbobe v9, but it is blank, has no buttons, and the pdf won’t open.)

To open pdf’s from web in Win 7, install Adobe v9 Reader and FireFox v3+. This combo seems to work very nicely in Win 7.

• art said:

I had to uninstall 9.0 and went to http://get.adobe.com/reader/otherversions and downloaded 8.1.3. Life is, once agin, good!

• Elric said:

Have had none of the issues mentioned above, running Acrobat 9 Pro Extended edition on Win7 x64. Loads and prints fine from both Firefox 3.5 and IE8, no crashes.

Where I have run into issues is after installing the update to 9.1.2; after which all the icon caches are stripped, pdf thumbnails no longer work properly. Thus this time around I’m sticking with the original build and leaving well enough alone :)

• Kristian said:

@Rowan: Was it a 64 Bit version of Windows 7 or a 32 Bit?

• Rowan Hanna (author) said:

@Kristian: It was a 32-bit version of Windows.

• AB said:

I have Install adobe reader 9.1.0 and faced strange behavior. Once I open any pdf file. No other pdf file gets open in web browser. Don’t know what can be a issue. and with the same setup not able to search in pdf file with custom query. :(
    I tried windows 7 build-7100.
    Any suggestion?

• Kostia said:

I did install acrobat 9 pro extended and I’ve experienced some bad issues.
    1st : I had to try three times to install the program (the installer did not work the first two times).
    2nd : I’ve experienced a blue screen twice using Acrobat.
    I know that win 7 is not yet an official supported platform for acrobat pro, but I think that is important to share all the experiences.
    Best regards
    Kostia

• Wyatt Wong said:

I was unable to update Adobe Acrobat 9.0 to 9.1 with the Adobe Updater in my Windows 7 x64 RTM, the Adobe Updater will crashed when I tried to install the 9.1 patch.

If I downloaded the 9.1 patch from Adobe website and perform a manual update, the 9.1 patch executable will said my PC did not installed with the required software and so not eligible for updating.

• DancingSamurai said:

The only issue I have had is that it crashes whenever I try to scan anything (I have a Samsung SCX-4521F). I have to use the Windows 7 (I am using x64 Ultimate) built-in scanning tools to scan to .tiff, then convert to PDF. Doable but it should just work!

• WhiteWineMedia said:

Installed CS4 on my Win7 Ultimate x86 (32-bit) system, and…
    Acrobat pro 9 will not install.
    Tried six times so far…
    Guess I’ll have to wait a few more months…

• Dean said:

I;m having same probs.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Installed Photoshop and Dreamweaver CS4 with no problems but Acrotbat 9 Pro just hangs at 53.61% installing

Any Ideas?

Cheers

• rasta said:

I’m running Acrobat Pro Extended 9.2 on Win7 home premium 64-bit. No problems except that I get a message after starting Acrobat that my Capture 3D plugin has been damaged, possibly by changes made to the registry by anti-spyware programs, and that I should repair the installation.

Repair does not fix the problem. I am running McAfee virusscan from Comcast, and that software is apparently not compatible with Win7 and won’t be for several months. I am leery about messing around with registry change monitoring by McAfee, as the Acrobat ewrror message suggests.

Does anyone have any ideas about the plugin corruption?

Editor’s Note: these questions should be asked at our PDF Question/Answer site 4x PDF Help

• Rouf Jan said:

adobe acrobat does not work properly and no any PDF file open.

• J Benito said:

It does install, but that is about all it does correctly. Don’t know who tested this package on Win7, but they couldn’t have tested much. I find almost nothing works, and when it asks to repair – nothing is repaired. I just uninstalled the package, and will take it back for a refund.

• Rowan Hanna (author) said:

I’ve been using Adobe Acrobat 9 on Windows 7 for the past month and half and have not run into any issues. Everything has been working as expected, although I do have UAC turned off, so any issues related to that I would not have encountered.

• Rowan Hanna (author) said:

We’ve started a new question and answer site where you can ask any PDF related questions that you have. Simply visit 4x PDF Help and ask as many questions as you like — and if you can, answer someone else’s questions.

• Ka2mxh said:

Adobe Acrobat 9 – Capture 3D Damaged Fix

If you start Acrobat 9 , and a “Warning: A part of the Capture 3D plug-in has been damaged”, “To fix it you will need to repair the installation of Acrobat. This may have been a result of an anti-spyware application modifying the system’s registry”

Here’s the fix:

1. Right click on Acrobat.exe located in the install folder.
    2. Under the computability tab; check the box and select windows 2000.
    3. Apply and click ok.
    4. Start Acrobat 9.
    5. Wait until it’s stable.
    6. Click on ‘Help’.
    7. Click on ‘About Adobe Plug-ins…
    8. Click on ‘Capture 3D’ in left window pane.
    9. Look in right window pane for ‘Loaded’ and ‘Certified’.

All done.

• Charlie said:

In attempting to install Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows 7, I receive a message that I already have a better program installed. I did have an earlier version of Acrobat before Windows 7 was installed, but that had to be removed in the Windows 7 installation process. Any suggestions?

• George said:

Windows 7 Adobe Acrobat 9.2 crashes Firefox and IE when trying to load a PDF online. A new install of Acrobat 9.2 also crashes when trying to open a saved PDF.

UGH! This is very frustrating.

• Risto Sinadinov said:

Scanning is a problem with the pro 9.2, when i click the scan tab adobe freezes and closes. Any suggestions please?

• Melissa said:

I am having the same issue as Risto.
    I have gotten one page to scan using custom settings but the quality was HORRIBLE! When I go to start a scan it will get about half of the page through the scanner & a message will pop up that Acrobat has stopped working & is looking for a solution…no solution has been discovered as of yet.
    I guess time will tell???

• TPC=Spider said:

Recently confirmed that Acrobat Reader v.8 and v.9.2 are NOT reliable pdf readers. The solution is to remove all traces of these versions from your pc (a free version of CCleaner v.2.27.0.1070 from Downloads.com did all of that very well) then locate, upload and install Acrobat Reader v.7.1
    This version still works very well.

Best wishes to all in this year

• Tom said:

INstalling of acrobat pro was no problem, but when I try to convert a Word file into a pdf file, each and everything freezes.

Is there a solution?

• Mike said:

I installed AA9 pro on my window’s 7. When I take a batch of pictures and want to print to PDF the pictures all turn a green HUE/ tint color. When the conversion ot the pdf file is flashing on the screen all looks ok, however the finished product shows this green hue on each picture. Any ideas why. Interesting that when I go to print a picture to my printer / outside of PDF the same HUE/Tint shows up , however it prints just fine. Very frustrated. I am having to convert all my pics to pdf on my laptop which has XP until this is cured. Thoughts?

• Jacklyn House said:

I downloaded the adobe 9 reader after I reset my new windows 7 and today, in my external drive, ALL of my RAW images ended up with a SPD extention, and my TIFF’s are gone, too!!! I need some help with this, as my external drive has about 55,000 images in it and half of them I can’t get to. I’m sure the pictures are there, some how, but I am not happy with Adobe reader 9..period. I uninstalled it, and get some of the images back but many are still attached to that new extension. Can anyone email me and explain this to me and how to change it??

• Holly said:

I tried to install the trial of Adobe Acrobat 9 on my computer with Windows 7, but it could not install properly. My Adobe Acrobat 8 does not work with Windows 7. Very frustating. Adobe not supportive at website.

• jeff said:

Same here, new windows 7 installation upgrade from vista on new laptop. Adobe just acts flakey does not load etc. I also downloaded the newest version of reader same issues. Problems occures across all browers and just directly using reader 9.3. This is pathetic for 2010 windows 7. So much for windows was designed for me.

• Landon said:

We are currently upgrading our office to Windows 7 Enterprise. We use two Panasonic DP series office printers on a network with HP laserjet 1020′s hooked locally to each workstation. Every time we try to print from adobe reader 9 it completely fries the print spooler. After trying to print from reader once, the printers and print spooler will not work in any program. The printers dissapear from the directory. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, cleaning out the spooler and drivers from print management console, and lots of other tricks to no avail. Ended up having to re-install windows fresh to get the spooler working again. Still can’t print from adobe, everything else works fine. So far two days of work out the windows because of this, very dissapointed. There has been plenty of time for software devs to test and develop for Windows 7, and still support is lacking.

• Johnny LOng said:

Windows 7 Professional – No problems with Acrobat Pro Extended ver. 9.3.0
    Installed on MacBook Pro in a Bootcamp partition.
    The program runs flawlessly. It creates and prints .PDFs from MS Word and Lotus Word Pro perfectly.
    The one anomaly: The Adobe icons for Acrobat and Distiller will not display properly, nor can I change them using the official Adobe icons.
    Go figure.
    Johnny Long
    London, UK

• Carole Houghton said:

I have Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit), and Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Premium which includes Adobe Acrobat 9.0. The first time I go to a site and try to read a PDF file, I get a blank box with a ?.
    If I try it again while on the same site, it brings up the PDF file, and any others on the same page and I am able to read them. If I store the PDF file, then just click on it, it tries to use DREAMWEAVER to open it. I’ve checked file associations and they are all OK. Only solution is to open Acrobat first, then select the PDF file. Drives me nutz!

• James said:

A few comments. I’ve install Adobe Acrobat onto a Win 7 64 bit machine, and it runs in general fine. The web capture feature is not available in the 64 bit version of I.E. It does show up in the 32 bit version. I regularly download and save webpages (sales RFQs).

• Mauiwowie said:

Just bought Sony Laptop and installed Adobe Pro 8 but will not print pdf drawing file. Messages says “not responding” waited and waited and it does not work. Only option is to shut down the program and to get out of the printing mode. Is there any other pdf converter for window 7?

Editor’s note: these questions should be asked at http://help.4xpdf.com

• Austin Shagwell said:

I too cannot print from Adobe Acrobat or reader on Windows 7 64 bit machine. I used to like Adobe, but I believe there support sucks now.

• Doug Mounce said:

My printing problem with Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro is that the file appears to be sent on the print command (i.e., the light on the printer begins to blink,) but then the queue empties and there is no output.

I tried the PDF converter that came installed with the system, but the converted file wouldn’t print.

I tried opening the file in Adobe Reader, but it wouldn’t print either.

• Julio Ayala said:

Hola Buenos dias a todos: Mi pregunta es si Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended se puede instalar con Windows 7 de 64 bits y si funciona bien, porque voy a comprarlo pero no queiro encontrarme con sorpresas negativas. Gracias espero sus comentarios. Julio

______________

[ Hello Good morning to all: My question is whether Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended can be installed with Windows 7 64-bit and if it works well, because I will buy it but does not want to meet any negative surprises. Thanks I await your comments. July --- * converted to English by Google Translate]

• Sudipta said:

update acrobat reader and u can open pdf files in firefox with OS windows 7.

• Gabor Szabo said:

I upgraded from Vista 64 to Win 7 Prof 64 just because I
    could not print any pdf file.
    I could print from firefox, from Word, but I could not
    print any pdf file.
    A tried it with Adobe Acrobat 9.2 and Foxit reader.
    The symptoms are the same.

Very strange.

Now I still cannot print pdf files in Win 7 64 bit.
    (I cannot print with Acrobat nor Foxit reader)

Any hint ?

Editor’s note: these questions should be asked at http://help.4xpdf.com

• Gabor Szabo said:

Still on Win 7 64 bit, I reinstalled Acrobat 9.2, and
    it could print the license agreement, but not any pdf.

I upgraded to Acrobat reader 9.3 but still cannot print any pdf file.

It does some preparation , the progressbar appears, but disappears after a few seconds and nothing happens.

• Walter Baltz said:

Running Win 7 Pro 32 bit and Acrobat Std 9. I am trying to print webpages to pdf from IE8. Right click>print preview>landscape/90%>print>Select PDF printer>Save PDF file as…then everything freezes.

This works with a new install of Win 7 and Acrobat Std 9 prior to any updates/upgrades. However, when I update/upgrade (via Windows Update), my computer becomes a brick…again.

I talked to a number of people and they all use this function in IE 8 and are concerned about not being able to save pdfs in IE8.

I think the problem lies with MS Windows 7/IE8 updates/patches. Any thoughts?

Editor’s note: these questions should be asked at http://help.4xpdf.com

• Bill said:

I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Adobe Pro 9 and Reader 9 and IE 8.

Had the same trouble with viewing inside IE until I clicked on the compatablility view icon in IE8 (the one the looks like a torn piece of paper) and then everything worked fine.

• Angie said:

I have recently installed Windows 7 and now Microsoft office will not run and I can not print from Adobe 9.3.

• Don Anderson said:

If both Acrobat Pro and Acrobat Reader installed enable “Display PDF in browser” from edit > preferences > internet menu only in one application, otherwise
    i. nothing is displayed when accessing a .pdf file from Firefox; and
    on exit
    ii. Firefox window will close;
    iii. Task Manager will indicate Firefox is not running; and
    iv. trying to restart Firefox will result in error message
    where the only solution is to restart Windows

• Ishita said:

Is it possible to open pdf in acrobat professional 9.0 in browser on windows 7???I have tried it for both internet explorer and firefox…but it always open pdf in reader in browser..please reply..its urgent..

• Braithwaite said:

Landon reported a problem with Adobe 9 frying his print spooler. (# 14 January 2010 at 9:47 pm). We had similar problems in January but an update arrived from Adobe shortly thereafter and fixed the problem. I had a new Windows 7 update a few days ago. The problem has now returned.

• numec12 said:

Adobe 9 works in Windows 7 64 however the updates will not install, I uninstalled Adobe and in the registry and reinstalled then checked foe updates which there is and it won’t install. any ideas?

• Matt said:

I think this will work: Click on All Programs, right click on Acrobat, select Properties, select Compatibility, check Run this program in compatibility mode for, and then select Windows XP (Service Pack 3). That appears to allow you to download and install the updates.

• Elbita said:

Someone can certainly tell me if Acrobat Pro Extended 9.0 works propertly on Windows 7 Home Premium? I’ll try to install Acrobat Pro 7 on Windows 7 Home Premium but it doest’n works for conveting files! I have removed it and now I have Acrobat Pro Extended 9.0, but I’m affraid of installing it on Windows 7 Home Premium and have troubles again! It’s amazing that Adobe still has not solved these issues with Windows 7…

• Maksi said:

9.1-3 did nothing but crash upon launching no matter what fix we tried. After much troubleshooting on Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit, the best solution we found was to download and install Adobe 8.2 which works flawlessly. It is the fully patched version of version 8 so security is not a big problem.
    The issue is to download version 8.2, you have to tell the current Adobe downloader that your OS is Windows 2003. If you do, it gives you the option of downloading Reader 9.3 OR 8.2.

Installed 8.2 and everything works.

• Terry Rushing said:

My problem is that I can install adobereader v.9.0 or v.9.3 it don’t matter,but when I go to click on it, windows has to close down. Somebody please help.Really don’t know what to do. I have just bought this tower from Dell (Inspiron580) and Windows is working just fine, but the adobereader that I am useing it will not work. I am doing something wrong,but what I do not know.

• Jon P said:

I am having a problem installing Adobe Pro 9 which came as a part of my very Adobe CS5 on my windows 7 OS. Working the issue as we speak. Anyone else experience any issue?

• Karl De Abrew said:

@Terry — when you say that Windows has to close down — do you mean that a dialog pops up saying it has reboot your computer. I think you might find that it is this:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/332/332745.html#Errorr “Need to reboot the computer after you run the Adobe Update Manager

Annoying to say the least….

• Adobe Acrobat 9 + Windows 7: A Bad Combination? | 4x PDF Blog & PDF News said:

[...] compiled the most common responses I received when I posted my experience in installing Adobe Acrobat 9 on a Windows 7 platform. Out of the comments I received, many reported that they had a good start with Adobe [...]

• Srinivas said:

Hi ,
    I have a stange problem with opening PDF file in IE Browser. When my application tries to open the PDF IE window appears for few seconds and closes in fraction of seconds. I am generating and calling PDF from java(Using itext 2.3 PDF generator)

same thing ias working in windows XP…not in windows 7..
    any help is appriciated

srinivas

• Eric said:

placing reader 9.3 on win 7 translated to most of the menus to be
    whited out or blank & inoperable!

Best solution was to have Vista on “C” and Win 7 ON “D”

–Vista for important apps and /7 as a stream lined low app config. for efficient networking… that’z all!

Files transfer between Disks is just fine and switching systems occurs at startup!

• Eric said:

Comments yesterday were incorrect. I opened a pdf and found the blanc menu to light up…all is ok with Reader 9 on Win 7! …thank you

• Eric said:

Make sure all windows updates are completed before testing Adobe or any other software, because windows updating now includes downloads for other software like adobe through Windows updates!

• Aimee said:

I had my acrobat 9 standard installed via upgrade from acrobat 6 on my old Dell with Windows XP. Loved being able to specify a custom/specific flat-bed scanning size or using the feeder for specific paper sizes. But then C drive on Dell died and I bought a new HP desktop with Windows 7 a couple weeks later. In the mean time before buying new HP, for some reason, even though Adobe says my serial # should be good on 2 computers and that my serial # is valid, when I tried using the same CD-ROM to upgrade my 6 to 9 standard on my Acer netbook with XP, the download registration window said it was invalid. So I had to download free 30-day trial of Acrobat 9 Pro (before purchasing my new HP) and also did the same trial download on my new HP. I also had to install the Windows 7 driver for my HP8500 printer cuz the CD-ROM was for only up to XP….

Now I CANNOT specify my flatbed size nor a specific feeder size using Acrobat 9 Pro on Windows 7. Even though I can tell it a custom size in the TWAIN configure presets step or using custom scan (essenitally the same thing), it scans my whole legal size flatbed glass, even if I told it regular letter size paper!! I’m not very happy about this. It lets me specify the scan size, but still and always scans legal.

Anyone know if there’s some sort of setting somewhere to correct this?

Thanks.

• Steve said:

the only problem we are experiencing is Acrobat 9.3 pro with Windows 7 is it crashes when opening multiple files. Any solutions?

• Steve said:

the only problem we are experiencing is Acrobat 9.3 pro with Windows 7 is it crashes when opening multiple files. Just did the update and that didn’t change anything. Any solutions?

• David said:

Hi

I have purchaed a new Dell Studio with Intel i7 and 4 megs of RAM. I have installed Office 10 with no problems and ADOBE PRO EXTENDED. This loaded ok however it has frozen a few times. I have tried to surch for updates and in the Update button in the help menu Adobe comes up with a message to say I have no connection. Obviously this is not correct.
    Also every now and again I get a message that states Data base has issues and Adobe will close.

However I have maged to use Adobe documents, drawings, and Forms and it has ben ok. However there is still a lot of work to be done. Does any one know of an update for Adobe 9 extended that I can load for Windows 7?.

David

• David said:

Amie

I was using my HP scanner yesterday and tried to scan in from my printer which said i needed the hp software, however when I went on the HP site it stated that windows 7 has already the software built in. So I used the Window 7 software to scan and all was ok.

David

• Karl De Abrew said:

Guys,

You may find the best place to ask these question is in our help forum at -> http://help.4xpdf.com/

-Karl

• Ifti said:

Everytime I open Adobe 9 and try to do something, it just closes on me,if i’m really fast then i can do something before it closes on me.

Any solution?

• claudia said:

When I installed Adobe pro 8 in my new windows 7 ultimate the nightmare started! Adobe should not released adobe 9 family because all have problems. In orther for me to keep working I had to create a pdf printer by adding a local printer and loading the driver from adobe cd acrobar pro 8 & also got a free pdf “cutepdf” from the web until I figurate out both win 7 & adobe CS4 installation issues (nightmare installations errors 2, 1603, etc)
    thanks to all for all your comments!

• Michael said:

I have installed 9.3.3 on a windows 7 64 bit machine. Everything else works fine. I get errors on every document. error 135 . this page is not readable. There are errors on this page and cannot be read.

These documents were all readable when I had an xp machine. And if fact these documents have to be read by going to my wife’s computer and printing them out.

Major problems with window 7 64 bit

• JerryI said:

I installed AR 9.3.3 on this XP 32-bit machine and have had problems including inability to read PDF files and cannot shut down 9.3.3 except by using Task Manager. I am able to read the same file on another nearly identical computer with an unknown version of AR which I have just now upgraded to 9.2.0, after Adobe’s pesky interruption, to which I finally relented. v 9.2.0 reads the file that I have trouble with on the first machine. It seems strange that there is a v. 9.3.3 out and that Adobe is today prompting upgrades to 9.2.0 from earlier versions. So I guess I will uninstall AR from this machine and see what Adobe suggests I install when I click on a pdf.

• Tim said:

I had Acrobat 9.0 with updates through 9.2 and Microsoft Office 2007 on my laptop for several months an all worked fine. With Update 9.3 no other program, including Adobe products, can not Print to PDF in the print menu.
    Examination of preferences file in Acrobat 9.3.4; Convert to PDF, shows that I can not edit the settings because it can not access the settings file.
    This all started with the 9.3 update….

• Chrystin said:

Just got a new computer. The non-functionality of Adobe Pro 9 is driving me wild. I need this program. It is now DOA doing absolutely nothing. Every time I try to print an e-mail it locks up the computer. I had no problems at all with XP. I’m seriously considering returning this brand new built to order computer, all because of a totally stupid OS.

• Rick Grossman said:

After installing the update 9 will not allow presets for scanning. I must use the custom settings each time.

• Ram said:

I just had the same problem with Acrobat 9 – it suddenly stopped working, and sent me an error message saying it had encountered a problem and stopped working. I only used it for about 10 minutes when this happened.

• TTSchiller said:

We’ve got Acrobat Pro 9, Windows 7 64 bit. I do have admin rights. Does anyone know how to create a custom paper size? I tried creating a new form per the instructions in this link below but when the new paper size option was not available when I tried to print a PDF. I tried choosing the options to in Acrobat to let the paper size determin the paper size but no luck. Did not find the custom paper size I created in other applications either. This is so easy in XP what am I missing?

• Jamee said:

Acrobat 9 Pro loaded fine, had to load Acrobat reader to get document to open in internet explorer and firefox. Can’t seem to get it to create a pdf document in word. Had to print it to pdf before it would create.

Leave your response!

You must be logged in to post a comment.