activePDF announces the launch of activePDF Meridian 2010
activePDF, a provider of server-based PDF solutions for Windows platform, announced the launch of activePDF Meridian 2010, its server-based solution for generating high-quality PDF files. activePDF enables system administrators to deploy centralized PDF creation solution which is accessible to users across the enterprise for creating PDF outputs. It allows the enterprise to harness the processing power of a server while maintaining the control with the users through the client side.
The key features of activePDF includes
- Supports network-based Print-to-PDF capabilities, via direct user interaction and through programmable API
- “Point and Print” setup for clients with no separate software to install
- Eliminates the guesswork of PDF creation for end users and ensures that business rules are enforced
- Offers full control on PDF output settings including font embedding, security, resolution, stamping, watermarking and few more
- Supports PDF/A and PDF/X output
- Easy-to-use administrative console for software maintenance and updates
- 32-bit and 64-bit client drivers compatible with Windows® 7 and Windows® Vista
The deployment of activePDF Meridian is easy with a quick installation of the software on a Windows server. The Client desktops or laptops can access the server using “Point and Print” technology or the configuration to Client machines can be pushed through the commonly used push-out installations by the Network administrators. Once installed and configured, the users print to the Meridian 2010 printer and the output PDF is delivered instantly back to the Client machine, email address, FTP or any other network location specified. activePDF Meridian 2010 also provides an optional API which allows the Developers to enable programmatic Print-to-PDF conversion for Windows-based client applications.
The trial version of activePDF Meridian 2010 can be downloaded from http://www.activepdf.com/downloads/
The news release can be read at http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/activepdf-announces-the-release-of-activepdf-meridian-2010,1266712.shtml